We here at Paine Field want to express our gratitude for all those working to fight this pandemic. Whether you are working as a medical professional, as an essential business worker, or just by staying home, you are helping.
While many of our staff are working remotely to promote social distancing whenever possible, as an essential business, Paine Field Airport remains fully operational. Our staff are available to assist with your business needs. Below you will find updates from each airport division as well as several helpful links and updates from Snohomish County leadership.
It is my belief that we will all come through this difficult time more aware, more appreciative of those in our lives, and more connected than ever. Be safe, practice social distancing, and whenever possible, stay home.
Update - 5/15/2020
Dear Airport Business Tenant,
I, along with the entire Airport Management team, truly appreciate the immense value on-airport business tenants bring to Paine Field. We also understand the devastating impact the COVID-19 pandemic continues to have on your operations.
To financially assist our airport business tenants through the current medical emergency, the County has PROPOSED the creation of a First in Flight Fund where grants in amounts up to $1 Million will be awarded to qualifying businesses. The proposal now goes to the Snohomish County Council for consideration. If approved, the application process will be opened and more information will be made available to tenants.
The press release announcing the First in Flight Fund proposal can be found at: https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1882
If you should have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Airport Business Office at 425-388-5125.
Update - 5/21/2020
I am pleased to announce the creation of our First in Flight Fund (F3) which shall award grants up to $1 Million to qualifying business was approved today by Snohomish County Council. The First in Flight Fund is being administered through a partnership between Snohomish County and Workforce Snohomish. Please visit their website https://www.workforcesnohomish.org/flightfund/index.html for further information and to apply.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Airport Business Office at 425-388-5125.
Arif R. Ghouse, FRAeS, CM | Airport Director
We are happy to announce that the badging office will begin reopening starting Monday, May 11, 2020. During the first several weeks, we are only taking appointments for badge holders on the expired exemption list and those active badge holders set to expire prior to June 16th, 2020. We anticipate opening appointments for all others in June and will notify all Authorized Signatories once we are ready. Badge holders set to expire between May 17 and June 17, 2020 will also need to follow the below procedure while waiting for new ID media issuance.
- The approved Authorized Signatory must request, in writing, expiring employees needing continued access into the SIDA, Sterile or AOA areas. Please fill out a PAE Expiring Badge Extension Request.
- Applicant must also fill out a Personnel Action Agreement and both must be submitted to the badging department at SAR-Badging@co.snohomish.wa.us by the Authorized Signatory.
- Once approved, an updated exemption list will be provided to TSA, SCSO, Allied, Terminal Duty Manager and Airport Operations. Approved badge holders will retain current access privileges with the PAE expired badge.
We are currently approving expiring badges between March 18, 2020 to June 17, 2020. Any badge extension request outside the date range will be denied. Approved extensions will be processed within 48 hours and will be set to expire on June 17, 2020. Please submit forms for employees as soon as possible to avoid interruptions. Any misuse or notification of disqualifying crime will result in immediate revocation of badge.
Any business with reduced staff or furloughs during this ongoing crisis must send an email to the badging office and return any furloughed employees badges to the badging office immediately. We will retain the badge and reactivate it once returning to work.
Additionally, we will continue to honor badge pick-up appointments for badge holders currently approved for renewals. Badge pick-up times are Monday-Friday (except legal holidays) at 8:30AM, 1:00PM and 4:00PM. Any employees returning to work will also be able to pick their badge during these times once the AS has requested badge reactivation.
A Badge Return Box has been installed in the lobby.
We appreciate your patience during this difficult time and will continue to send updates as conditions change.
In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19, please be aware the Airport Business Office will be open by appointment only until further notice. The Business Office remains available for all services. We will be accepting phone calls, payments by mail or phone, and payments via our website. However, the front desk is temporarily closed.
Please take advantage of using our newly established online customer account portal that can be accessed anytime via website. You can view historical statements, pay using all major credit cards & e-checks, setup recurring payments, and turn on paperless statements.
- Paine Field’s website: https://www.painefield.com/225/Make-Payments
- Direct Link to Customer Payment Portal: https://www.paydici.com/painefield-wa-airport/search/new
We appreciate your business and understanding in this difficult time and hope to resume front desk services as soon as possible.
Airport staff understand the financial difficulties being faced by some tenants impacted by the COVID-19 emergency. The County has been working with our Federal congressional delegation and the State to provide businesses with any assistance they can. The following links may be useful:
- SBA loan program. Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL). EIDLs offer up to $2 million in assistance and can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue. These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact. The interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses with long-term repayments to keep payments affordable, up to a maximum of 30 years. Terms are determined on a case-by-case basis, based upon each borrower’s ability to repay. https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USSBA/bulletins/28180e8.
- WA Department of Revenue business relief services. https://dor.wa.gov/about/business-relief-during-covid-19-pandemic.
- FAQ of COVID-19 on sick leave, unemployment, paid family and medical leave, industrial insurance. https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19
- WA Employment Security Department (ESD). Gov. Jay Inslee announced the expansion of state policies to support workers and businesses financially impacted by COVID-19. The governor and Suzi LeVine, commissioner of the Washington Employment Security Department, rolled out new rules to help alleviate the economic impact felt by businesses and workers. https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-announces-support-workers-and-businesses-impacted-covid-19, https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19
- Business resources for WA State. https://www.business.wa.gov/site/alias__business/1561/covid-19.aspx https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources/covid-19-resources-businesses-and-workers
Paine Field Fire has restricted people coming into the fire station much like all other Snohomish County fire stations. Unless a specific approved situation by the fire chief, no one other than fire department staff are allowed in the fire station. We are leveraging technology as much as possible to assist with social distancing. Fire Administration is currently working from home.
We are still available to answer questions, provide directions etc., but we will be doing from at least six feet away outside the fire station. We also encourage to use of phone and emails during this time.
We will not stop responding to any calls for service. We are assessing each situation we respond to and alter the number of firefighters who may actually touch the patient. We will not turn away any potential patient at the door of the station nor any other time during this restricted access period. Our jobs remain the same of protecting lives and property. That will not change, just the way we address it may be altered during this crisis.
After each incident, the crews will decontaminate at the fire station decontamination room prior to entering or driving the apparatus in station. They will decontaminate the equipment, apparatus and themselves before entering the fire station apparatus bays and work area. This is for the safety of our people we come in contact with as well as the employees and their families.
Paine Field is deemed an essential facility and the Maintenance Division remains fully staffed and operational to maintain airport readiness. We are continuing with all scheduled maintenance work. Staff have been directed to maintain social distancing as they go about their work.
Paine Field Operations is currently working with a reduced staffing schedule. If you need assistance please call 425-388-5125.